150 Peshmerga will go to Kobani: Erdogan
Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he has learned the number of Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga fighters allowed to go to Kobani through Turkey has been decreased to 150 from the initially announced 200.

 “As I said before, we told Mr. Obama the main group to be cooperated with is the FSA and secondarily the Peshmerga. After a few days, the PYD agreed for 200 Peshmerga to come. According to the information I have recently received, this number has been reduced to 150 now,” Erdogan said in remarks on Oct. 24.

According to Hurriyet daily news Kurdistan Region parliament asked government to send Peshmerga forces to Kobani that is under the siege of the militants of the Islamic State (IS).

Turkey agreed days ago to allow the Kurdish forces to go to Kobani.

The Turkish government views the PYD with deep suspicion because of its ties to the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) and has previously turned down requests for it to open a land corridor so that Kobani could be resupplied from other Kurdish areas of northern Syria. In response to earlier statements by Erdogan, Washington has already said the PYD’s legal situation in the United States was different than that of the PKK, which is on its list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs).

 

News Code: 8684  |  Date: 2014/10/24  |  Time: 22 : 32

FaceBook   Twitter   Delicious   Digg   Buzz   Google Bookmarks   ˜áæÈ  
Send comment
Name :
Email :
comment:
Coments
Services